- U.S. Veterans Affairs Dept.
- GI Bill Application
- Financial Aid Application (FAFSA)
- Facebook: Cocoa Collegiate Veterans Society
- Military & Veterans Service Center
- DOD Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System
- Scholarship Information
EFSC Veterans Educational Benefits
The Eastern Florida State College Military & Veterans Service Center is proud to serve those who serve our country. The Center facilitates veterans’ access to government benefits to help them reach their educational goals.
We want to provide timely and accurate service for all veterans and eligible dependents who attend EFSC.
Veterans and other eligible persons planning to enroll under the G.I. Bill should contact EFSC's veterans educational benefits experts at the earliest opportunity once they have been admitted to EFSC and get registered for classes.
Benefit applications and instructions for completing the VA Educational Benefit package will be provided during the initial visit to one of the locations listed on this page. Completed applications and supporting documents will be accepted from students only after class registration has been completed.
As a fully accredited institution of higher education, EFSC has the approval of the Florida State Approving Agency for Veterans Training to certify enrollment of qualified veteran students. The EFSC Registrar's Office also can evaluate prior military experience for potential College credit.
Be sure to explore the steps outlined under the “How to Apply” link so you can take care of any steps in the process that you can handle before you’re officially admitted to EFSC.
The Department of Defense (DoD) Tuition Assistance (TA) program provides financial assistance to service members for voluntary, off-duty education programs in support of professional and personal self-development goals. TA is available for courses that are offered in the classroom or by distance learning and are part of an approved academic degree or certificate program. The courses must be offered by schools that are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and are signatories to the current DoD Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (DoD MOU).
Before students enroll at Eastern Florida State College, we encourage them to contact their Military Branch Education Counselor or Education Service Officer (ESO) for details on TA eligibility and the specific branch process for submitting the TA form.
In general, eligible active duty service members can receive TA at a capped rate of $250 per semester hour, with an annual ceiling of $4,500. The branches are authorized to establish service specific eligibility criteria to manage TA funds. For service specific TA policies and procedures, please visit these websites:
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Navy
Additional TA Resources
- Tuition Assistance (TA) DECIDE is an information and comparison tool designed specifically to aid participants in the DoD's Tuition Assistance (TA) program. TA DECIDE provides you with information on educational costs and other resources to compare educational institutions. While this website was designed for the individual user, your service's education counselor can also be your partner in this process.
- Net Price Calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
- College Scoreboard is designed to compare colleges, including their fields of study, costs, admissions, results, and more.
- Tuition and Fees is EFSC's web page that provides information on the college's fees and other resources.
- Active duty service members can also explore eligibility for financial aid and scholarships
through EFSC's Financial Aid Office.
After you have been admitted and complete the Student Orientation:
- Submit residency documentation only if you reside or are stationed outside of Florida. For questions, please contact Admissions.
- Meet with your assigned academic advisor to review your program of study and register for classes.
- Complete your military branch tuition assistance voucher through its respective portal.
- Submit your DoD Tuition Assistance Approval Authoirization form, you can upload that through the Student Document Dropbox, under "Third Party Billing" in the dropdown offices. See more about how to access the Dropbox through the myEFSC Student Portal.
Even though a third party is paying your tuition it remains your responsibility to make sure your account is paid by the published fee due date.
For resources & veterans educational benefits assistance EFSC students from any campus can call, email or visit a service center for walk-in assistance or use the links below to schedule an appointment.
Current EFSC Students: Log in to the myEFSC Portal and select the Navigate/Student Resources icon; choose Military & Veterans Services
under appointment type.
Future Students with no EFSC login: Click to request an appointment. You will then be contacted via email.
Service Center Locations & Hours
Monday - Thursday, 8 AM - 5:30 PM
Bldg. 11, Rm. 113
1519 Clearlake Road
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 2, Rm. 125
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
VA Educational Benefits Certification
Returning EFSC students please use the link below to submit a certification request online via the myEFSC Portal. Please do not fill out the certification request form until you have registered for classes. If this is your first time certifying or if it has been more than three terms since you certified with Eastern Florida State College, please visit a Military & Veterans Service Center. For questions call 321-433-7880