- Military & Veterans Service Center
- Credit for Military Experience
- Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) Credit Evaluation Guidelines
- DOD Military OneSource Postsecondary Education Complaint System
- EFSCares Student Counseling Service
- Facebook: Cocoa Collegiate Veterans Society
- U.S. Veterans Affairs Dept.
- GI Bill Application
- Financial Aid Federal Application (FAFSA)
- Boots to Books Workshop Participants
Serving Veterans at EFSC
Active military personnel, veterans and their families who are attending Eastern Florida State College can access special services to meet their often unique educational and personal needs through the collegewide Military & Veterans Service Center (MVSC).
Specialized services include:
- Priority Walk-In Registration: Veteran and service member students who have completed all admissions requirements* may register for courses on a walk-in basis with a MVSC advisor starting on the day online registration opens. Veteran and service member students may use the online or walk-in process at their discretion.
- Access to veteran-specific financial aid information
- Adivising for first time in college students
- A student orientation program tailored for veterans
- Training for faculty and staff on the special assistance veterans may need inside and outside the classroom.
- A computer work area where veterans can get help accessing information on their VA benefits.
- Mentoring and tutoring programs through local veteran and community organizations.
- Coordination with Collegiate Veterans Society, a student club dedicated to help fellow veterans in the transition from military to college life. The Cocoa Campus Chapter meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month at 12:30 PM in the Military & Veterans Service Center, Building 11, Room 113
- Visits from Department of Veterans Affairs' representatives to assist veterans on a range of issues.
The Service Center has locations on the Cocoa and Melbourne Campuses, but serves students on all campuses.
*All newly admitted and transfer students are required to complete the new student orientation (available online). All veterans or service members who are first time in college students must attend a mandatory advising session with a Veteran's Center advisor, and may register at the end of that session. Call an EFSC Military and Veterans Service Center to schedule this advising appointment.
For resources & veterans educational benefits assistance EFSC students from any campus can call, email or visit:
Service Center Locations & Hours
Monday-Thursday, 8 AM - 6 PM
Building 11, Room 113
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32922
Bldg. 1, Rm. 140
3865 North Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32935
Palm Bay Campus
Bldg. 2, Rm. 163A
250 Community College Parkway
Palm Bay, FL 32909