COVID-19 Update: Study Abroad
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the extended uncertainty about international travel, all EFSC study abroad trips have been canceled for the 2020-21 academic year, which runs through Summer Term 2021. When trips can resume, the information on this page will be updated with details.
Study Abroad in China
This six-week summer course begins with two weeks of classroom instruction at Eastern Florida State College, followed by three weeks spent in China, where students participate in cultural workshops and program-specific content at Zhengzhou University. The program concludes with a final week of classroom debriefing at EFSC.
Students also visit the historical cities of Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, Luoyang, Zhengzhou and Kaifeng to tour some of China's most famous sights, such as the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City, the Shaolin Temple and the Terra Cotta Warriors.
Participants must register for one of the following associated courses:
- GEB 2370 - Foundations of Global Business, Study Abroad
- HUS 1940 - International Practicum for Social and Human Services
Expenses and Accommodations
- Housing (double occupancy dorm rooms)
- Chinese visa
- Roundtrip airfare from Orlando, Florida
- All meals while in China
- Travel expenses while in China
- Health insurance
- Workshops at Zhengzhou University
- Eastern Florida State College tuition
- Passport fees (a valid U.S. passport is required)
- Travel insurance
- Spending money