Honors Graduation Requirements
Honors Students and Honors Affiliates have different goals. While both seek the challenges of the EFSC Honors Program and access to honors classes, only those classified as “Honors Students” can receive an Honors Diploma and special recognition at graduation. Honors Affiliates do not intend to complete the requirements for an Honors Diploma. Admission requirements are the same for both designations. Honors Affiliates may decide to change their status to Honors Student at any time, but Honors Diploma requirements must be met or be in progress and communicated to the Honors Office one semester before graduation.
The requirements listed below are for new Honors Program applicants. Current Honors Program students should refer to the graduation requirements listed in the EFSC Catalog for the year in which they enrolled at EFSC.
Honors Diploma Graduation Requirements
• 3.5 GPA or higher cumulative GPA
• 18 or more Honors credit hours including at least one 3-credit (or more) Honors course completed at EFSC in addition to meeting the SLS 2261/SLS 2261H requirement
• 40 hours of community service through the Center for Service-Learning and Civic Engagement
• Demonstration of leadership through completion of SLS 2261H or SLS 2261
Honors Affiliate Graduation Requirements
• 3.2 or higher cumulative GPA
• Minimum of 9 credit hours of Honors with a minimum grade of "C" and at least one 3-credit (or more) Honors course completed at EFSC