Green Dot Bystander Training
Make a difference in the prevention of violence through free Green Dot training for EFSC students, faculty, and staff.
This engaging, activity-driven training empowers participants to identify the signs of power-based, personal violence, like bullying, stalking, dating violence, sexual harassment, and sexual assault. The training equips participants with tools to safely intervene from within their own level of comfort.
Each workshop participant will:
- Engage in a basic education program that seeks to reduce power-based interpersonal violence
- Gain awareness of proactive behaviors that establish violence intolerance as the norm
- Practice skills that integrate moments of prevention within existing relationships and daily activities
- Develop ways to introduce new norms within their sphere of influence at EFSC and in the community
- Receive certification as a trained Green Dot Bystander and a FREE Green Dot T-shirt
Participants are also eligible to earn two service-learning hours (students) or MCC, Tenure, and Rank Advancement credit (faculty).
Upcoming Training Sessions: Registration required when sessions are available
Green Dot Bystander Training is a voluntary workshop based on a national curriculum that does not change, so you only need to attend once. Lunch or dinner will be provided. If a training conflicts with your work hours, please get permission from your supervisor to attend.
Warning: Please note that some information shared during Bystander Training may be sexual in nature and may not be appropriate for some individuals (e.g., children), and/or may have a triggering effect on survivors.
For questions about training, please contact Barbara Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-433-5591.