- COVID Tracking
COVID-19 Safety, Reporting, Return to Campus Information
Eastern Florida State College is taking a number of steps to protect students, faculty and staff from COVID-19. They include:
Social Distance Requirement
A 6-foot social distancing requirement is in place for all campus buildings, including classrooms, labs and areas where students gather. It is important for everyone to follow this rule closely.
Masks Optional, Strongly Encouraged
Masks remain a highly effective way to stop the spread of the virus.
Vaccination Not Required, Strongly Encouraged
Vaccination is the best way to protect yourself and others, and is strongly encouraged. The college is providing periodic on-campus vaccination sites with notifications sent to all students and employees in advance. Information is also provided on off-campus locations in Brevard County.
Reporting Positive Cases
Students, faculty and staff who have been exposed to COVID through a close contact, or are experiencing possible COVID symptoms, or who have tested positive with or without symptoms, must self-isolate and remain away from Campus until they have been cleared for return following the student or employee process.
- Immediately contact the Dean of Students Office at email@example.com or 321-433-5591. If calling after hours, leave a voicemail message. Remain self-isolated, away from Campus, until you have been cleared for return.
- Once you have made contact, the Dean of Students Office will contact our COVID-19 Officer with your contact information and answer questions you may have about the need for any academic accommodations with your instructors.
- The COVID-19 Officer will contact you by phone (please have your voicemail box set up).
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact their instructors to make alternative learning plan arrangements for coursework missed during quarantine.
- You will be given a return to campus date based on your situation (each situation may be different depending on the specific circumstances).
- On the date of your return you must meet with security on your campus to be cleared (Every campus has a security department.)
- If cleared, you will receive an “Authorization to Return To Campus Form" completed by security to show your instructors.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: A student will NOT BE ALLOWED BACK in class until they have the "Authorization to Return to Campus Form" completed by security. See additional details about the Return to Campus process for students.
- Make three required notifications: to your supervisor via phone or email, to Human Resources AVP Darla Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org and to COVID Response Officer Sgt. Ricky Carswell at email@example.com
- The COVID Response Officer or designated representative will get the needed information from you for the COVID-19 Initial Reporting Form.
- Self-isolate as directed by staying at home or if you are on campus, go home. Monitor your symptoms, follow CDC guidance, and seek medical care if necessary.
- You can return to Campus ONLY when cleared by EFSC's COVID Response Officer and the date will vary based on your circumstances. View more detailed information about the return to campus process for employees.
Related Resources & Contacts
Cocoa Campus Security: 321-403-5907
Melbourne Campus Security: 321-403-5909
Palm Bay Campus Security: 321-403-5911
Titusville Campus Security: 321-403-4200
Dean of Students Office: 321-433-5591
- EFSC Accessibility Office Immediate Temporary Accommodations Information Related to a Student COVID-19 Diagnosis or Quarantine
- CDC Self-Quarantine Guidelines
- Coronavirus Symptoms and CDC Self-Check Tool
- COVID Testing & Vaccine Sites: 211 Brevard Resources
- CDC Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
- EFSC COVID-Related Updates
- EFSC COVID Safety Protocols
- EFSC Reopening Plan and Health-Related FAQ
CLOSE CONTACT is currently defined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as one
or more of the following:
• You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 (with or without facial coverings) for at least 15 minutes starting from 2 days before illness onset (or, for asymptomatic clients, 2 days prior to a positive test for COVID-19) until the time the patient is isolated;
• Or you had direct physical contact with someone who has COVID-19 (touched, hugged, or kissed them);
• Or you shared eating or drinking utensils with someone who has COVID-19;
• Or you provided care at home to someone who has COVID-19;
• Or someone who has COVID-19 sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you.
EFSC's Official Case Tracking Procedure includes four (4) forms that the College's COVID-19 Response Officer will utilize to document the various scenarios. Abbreviated as C19-RO, the COVID-19 Response Officer could be an EFSC security officer or other college employee designated to take the initial student or employee report and then follow it through to resolution, including coordination of the necessary campus-related contact tracing and return to campus approval. Each scenario will include the “Earliest Date of Return,” which is calculated differently depending on the specific scenario method detailed on the appropriate form.
Additional COVID-19 Guidance for EFSC Staff
Eastern Florida State College COVID-19 Confirmed Cases Report
This chart reflects positive cases of COVID-19 that have impacted students, faculty or staff associated with EFSC, starting with the most recent reports.
|Month Reported||Total Cases||Response|
|January 2022||171||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|
|December 2021||12||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|
|November 2021||5||Individuals quarantined. Exposures notified and quarantined. In some cases, no other exposures reported.|