- Community Resources
- Continuing Education
- Intensive English Program
One World — Many Languages
If English is not your native language, you're in the right place!
Si el inglés no es su idioma nativo, nuestro programa lo ayudará!
Si l’anglais n’est pas votre langue maternelle, ce programme s’adresse à vos besoins!
EFSC's six-level Intensive English Program is open to non-native speakers of English who have a serious desire to improve their language skills, including an option for international F-1 Visa students and a track for local residents and those who do not require an F-1 visa. The program includes 18 hours per week of classroom instruction in all areas of the English language including: Reading, Listening and Speaking, Grammar, Writing, Voice & Speech Improvement, TOEFL test preparation courses. The program is offered at the EFSC Cocoa Campus.
This challenging program is useful to working professionals and to students preparing for university study or professional programs. Students from more than 50 countries have attended the program. Classes average six students and allow participants a maximum amount of individual attention and an opportunity to develop conversational skills.
Students new to the program must take a placement test to determine the English proficiency level at program entry. Students wishing to take a placement test should contact Kaley Bierman at 321-433-7503 or via email.
Intensive English Program Calendar
- Spring session: January – May (16 weeks)
- Summer session: May – August (12 weeks)
- Fall session: August – December (16 weeks)
- Three sessions of daytime classes are offered yearly. Spring and Fall sessions are 16 weeks long with 18 hours of classroom instruction per week. Summer session is 12 weeks long with 20 hours of classroom instruction per week.
- Classes meet Monday through Thursday, 9:30 AM - 2:30 PM on the Cocoa campus.
- View the Intensive English Program Course Descriptions
Intensive English Program instructors are experienced teachers with advanced degrees who employ the most recent advances in second language methodology. They frequently incorporate current, culturally relevant articles and multimedia materials to supplement regular assignments.
Intensive English Program Contacts
For more information & to register contact:
International F-1 Student Advisor
View the F-1 Visa Student Intensive English Information & Application Process