EFSC Student and Alumni Job Fairs
Eastern Florida State College's Career Planning and Development Center hosts a job fair each term that is open to current students and EFSC alumni. Each event features a wide variety of potential employers, and information is updated as new job fair dates are announced.
Fall 2020 Virtual Job Fair
Our next job fair, scheduled for Wednesday, October 28, 2020 from 1 PM to 4 PM, will be held virtually via EFSC's new online job search and career fair platform, Handshake. To participate, you have to register for the event through Handshake following the numbered steps below. Once you've signed up, you will have the opportunity to schedule specific group and one-on-one sessions with the employers you're interested in.
- Group sessions allow up to 50 students to simultaneously meet with an employer to learn more about
open positions, company culture, and more. You will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
- One-on-one sessions allow you to chat privately with a potential employer. These sessions may be scheduled in advance or as a follow-up to a group session (pending employer availability).
All sessions can be conducted using Handshake video, audio, or text-based chat; employers and students can individually determine how they would like to connect.
Steps to a Successful Job Fair Experience
- Sign in to Handshake, and register for the job fair. Log in to Handshake using your Titan Single Sign-On credentials. Once you are signed in, click the events
tab, and select the Fall Virtual Job Fair. To complete your registration, click the
Register button, then click Register again on the event pop-up screen.
- Complete your profile following this guide from Handshake. Be sure to select "community" instead of "private" when you set the visibility of
your profile. To maximize your chances of getting hired, it's important to fill out
all of the sections — and don't forget to upload your resume! If you don't have one,
you can book a Career Center appointment for help getting started.
- Sign up for sessions with employers. You'll have the opportunity to browse and follow the profiles of the employers that
interest you in advance, as well as to arrange times to meet with them. Simply click
the available sessions tab to see a list of who you can meet with, select the sessions you want, and click confirm.
You can sign up for sessions up to one minute before their scheduled start times.
- Connect! On the day of the job fair, log in to Handshake to attend your sessions at their scheduled times. You can also review these day-of tips from Handshake to make the most of your experience.
For more information about the Fall 2020 Virtual Job Fair, contact Heather Allen at email@example.com or 321-433-7091.