Grade Forgiveness at EFSC
An Eastern Florida State College course in which a grade of “D” or “F” has been earned may be repeated for the purpose of attempting to improve a student's grade point, often referred to as "grade forfiveness." A course in which a satisfactory grade (“A”, “B” or “C”) has been earned may not be repeated for grade point purposes. Only the most recent grade is included in the computation of the cumulative grade average at EFSC. (Exception: if student repeats a course in which he earned an “A”, “B” or “C”, the first passing grade will be included.) State Rule 6A-14.0301 addresses policies about repeated courses and grade forgiveness.
- The Office of the Registrar will process grade forgiveness for repeated courses at the end of the term when the conditions for grade forgiveness are satisfied. Students are notified via college e-mail when grade forgiveness is processed. Questions may be sent to the Office of the Registrar.
- No course may be repeated for grade forgiveness purposes after graduation. Some colleges and universities count all hours attempted and all quality points earned regardless of EFSC’s grade forgiveness policy.
- Credit for courses passed through credit by exam, for example Advanced Placement (AP), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES, or International Baccalaureate (IB) credit, will not be awarded if student has already successfully completed the course at EFSC.
- A course may be counted only once toward graduation requirements, except where permitted by a course description.
Note: Students are advised that there may be a potential impact of repeated courses when transferring to other institutions, and should consider the impact of retaking a course on their specific financial aid package and toward excessive hours.
- Academic Calendars & Key Term Dates
- Applying to Graduate
- Campus Security
- Class Schedule Search
- Communication & Computational Skills
- Degree Audit/myGPS
- Degrees & Certifications
- Dropping a Class
- Duplicate Diploma
- Online Reference Guide
- Placement Testing Centers
- Program Requirements
- Transfer Credit Guidelines
- Tuition & Fee Info
- Tutorial Videos
- Voter Registration Info
- Withdrawing from a Class