Remember that you automatically apply for loans when you fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). When your file is reviewed by EFSC’s Financial Aid experts, loans may be part of the aid package that’s offered to you — and all loans must be accepted following the steps below.
Loan Acceptance & Disbursement: Click each step for important details.
Step 1: Check your student email and the Financial Aid area of the myEFSC Portal for a loan offer.
When Eastern Florida receives your application information from the federal processor and you have been admitted, EFSC will award you an aid package, including loans, based on your eligibility. You will receive a Notification of Financial Aid Award by e-mail stating the terms and conditions of aid programs awarded to you. Read it carefully, and follow any instructions that pertain to you.
Step 2: Accept your loan: open this box with a mouse click for how-to details.
Eastern Florida State College has made it easy to accept a loan offer by following these instructions:1. Log in to the myEFSC Portal using your Student ID number and password.
2. Once logged into myEFSC, click the TitanWeb icon.
3. Select Financial Aid Services
4. Select Awards
5. Select Award By Aid Year
6. Select the year and Submit. You will see three tabs: "General Information", "Award Overview" and "Accept Award Offer." Select "Accept Award Offer." The loan offer amount is for the aid year. If you choose to reduce the amount you have been offered, please be sure the amount you request is what you wish to borrow for the entire academic year.
7. Accept the Federal Stafford Loan award, then exit.
Step 3: Complete Entrance Interview Counseling and E-sign a Promissory Note online. Click this topic for the web link and to carefully read all instructions before completing this step.
For your interview and to e-sign the Promissory Note you'll point your web browser to www.studentloans.gov
Be prepared to provide the following information during the online student loan Application/Orientation:
Student Information: Full name, address, telephone number, social security number, driver’s license number, employer name, address and telephone number.
Additional Information: Information on spouse, parents and two (2) references other than students. (Full name, address and telephone number for references). Employer's name, address and telephone number.
Promissory Note:In addition to the online orientation, you must E-sign the Promissory Note in a timely manner in order to avoid delay in disbursement of loan funds or cancellation of your loan.
Step 4: Disbursement of Loan Funds
Disbursement for first time borrowers at EFSC occurs 30-days after the start of classes. Please Note: Federal regulations require this 30-day delay after the beginning of the semester before disbursing Federal Stafford loans to new borrowers in the first year of their program.
- Eastern Florida State College applies the funds to the student's college charges.
- After tuition and other charges are paid, Eastern Florida State College disburses any remaining funds to the student via the Higher One/EFSCCard.
If you have any questions or need help with this process, please call 1-800-557-7394 for assistance.
Step 5: Keep EFSC and the Lender informed of any changes in your information. Again, click this topic to read full details.
- If your enrollment status changes to less than halftime, it impacts a loan. If a student ceases to be attending at least halftime during the loan period, the balance of the loan will be cancelled. Eastern Florida will process one loan per student per academic year.
- Keep your permanent address, next of kin and contact information current through the change information section in the myEFSC portal.
Let EFSC and the lender know the name and address of your expected employer.
Step 6: Loan Exit Interview Counseling is required when a student leaves school, graduates or drops below half-time enrollment status.
Before a student graduates from EFSC or ceases to be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours), the student must complete online Exit Interview Counseling at http://www.studentloans.gov/ where the student will update information previously provided and be counseled on the repayment of the student's loan(s).
Aid and Scholarship Contacts
Deadlines & FAFSA Link
November 25, 2019: Priority financial aid application deadline for Spring 2020
April 23, 2020: Priority financial aid application deadline for Summer 2020
June 30, 2020 is the last day to submit a 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid
July 23, 2020: Priority financial aid application deadline for Fall 2020