Dual Enrollment Home Education Students Virtual/Remote Registration Process During COVID-19 Closure
STUDENTS MUST CHECK THEIR TITAN EMAIL DURING THIS PROCESS. This is how EFSC will contact students! EFSC advisors may also attempt to reach students by phone so students should also check their voicemail.
- The parent fills out the Home Education Articulation/Registration form and both the parent and student sign it. (Names may be be typed into document to fulfill the "signature" requirement.) If needed, email email@example.com for a copy of the form. Important Note for Spring Term 2021: An Alternative Measures option to qualify for dual enrollment is NOT available for Spring Term 2021. New dual enrollment students will need to qualify through placement testing, and current dual enrolled students who have not previously qualified for college level math will also need to rely on placement testing for higher level math eligibility. Placement testing access is being finalized and details will be shared here once available.
- Student must also fill out the Add/Drop Registration Planning Form (This is a writable/saveable PDF form that should be downloaded and saved so the student can fill it out electronically. Make certain you save the information you type in the form. It is best to do this by saving a version of the form renamed with a file name that includes your first and last name. If you need a free program to open the PDF, visit the Adobe Acrobat site for the free "Reader" version of Acrobat.) Be sure to fill out the CRN, Course Subject, Course Number, Section and Course Title. The student’s signature is required on the front and on the back of the form, which can be typed in. (If the student has questions, the student should email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Student needs to save both the Home Education Articulation/ Registration Form and the Add/Drop Planning Form as PDFs so they can be uploaded into the EFSC Student Document Dropbox.
- Student submits both the Home Education Articulation/ Registration Form and the Add/Drop Planning Form to EFSC to register by using the EFSC Student Document Dropbox.
- To access the Dropbox, the student begins by logging into myEFSC. Scroll down to the Student Document Dropbox section. Click “Choose File” and this will prompt a window to access the file location on your computer. Navigate to the file on your computer, select it and click open. You should now see the file name extension next to the “Choose File” button. Under “Send To:” click the drop down arrow for “---Select Office---“ and choose “Advising." Click upload and your file is sent to the Advising team for review. You can also watch the how-to video.
- The EFSC Advisor will register the student into the selected courses and will send a confirmation email to the student's Titan email address indicating the registration has been processed.
- If the selected course or alternatives aren’t available, or there is missing information, the EFSC advisor will contact the student via Titan email, or by phone. The EFSC advisor will be unable to register the student until the issue is resolved so it is the student's responsibility to check their Titan email and voicemail.
- If students want a copy of their schedule, they may print a copy by logging into myEFSC, select EFSC Titan Web > Student Services > Registration > Student Detail Schedule or Student Schedule by Day and Time.