Virtual Meeting Tools at Eastern Florida State College
There are many different ways Eastern Florida State College has incorporated virtual meetings to accommodate our students both inside and outside the classroom, plus as a way to connect faculty and staff. Here you will find information about how to access a virtual meeting for various applications at the College.
Virtual Classroom Meetings
Instructors might be doing online, live meetings in the Canvas Learning Management system during your course attendance. Instructors may be using one of two conference tools for these meetings: Microsoft Teams or BigBlueButton Conferences.
Microsoft Teams in Canvas
Your instructor will provide you with a meeting link. They might post the link in the Canvas course or send a link to your college email. Microsoft Teams is included for all EFSC students as part of the Outlook 365 package that you also use for your Titan student email. Your best experience attending live Canvas meetings in Teams is by downloading the Microsoft Teams app, either from a link below or from the applicable app store for your device.
- Option 1 - Download the MS Teams app from the Microsoft website
- Option 2 - Download the Teams app and other Microsoft software (While in your Microsoft 365 account, the same one used for student email, you can also open Teams. Within the web browser version of Teams you can can find the option to download the Teams app to your device).
- Option 3 - Access your course in Canvas and locate the Microsoft Teams Classes tab in the navigation for the course if it was enable by your instructor. Your instructor may also use the MS Teams Meetings tab for class meetings.
- Learn more about how to join a Teams meeting in Canvas by watching the video tutorial or viewing these step-by-step instructions.
Once you have completed the required Canvas Orientation, you also will be able to access these MS Teams resources in the Canvas Student Resources course by clicking on the "Help" icon in the Canvas tool bar.
For specific questions about functions within Microsoft Teams, visit the MS Teams Help and Learning site.
BigBlueButton Conferences in Canvas
BigBlueButton Conferences are built into a Canvas course. If your instructor will be using this tool to meet online, you can find the BigBlueButton Conferences tab in the course menu. Below are several guide links:
- How do I use BigBlue Button Conferences in a Canvas course as a student?
- How do I join a BigBlueButton Conference in a course as a student?
- How do I use the BigBlueButton Conferences interface as a participant?
Please note, once you have completed the required Canvas Orientation for first-time users, you also will be able to find these BigBlueButton Conferences Guides in the Canvas Student Resources course by clicking on the "Help" icon in the Canvas tool bar.
Virtual Meeting Resources for Faculty
Visit the virtual meeting resources for faculty page.
Virtual Student Services Meetings
Student Services is using Microsoft Teams to connect with students in many different ways. Here you will find instructions for how to access a virtual meeting for various areas at Eastern Florida. Before your virtual meeting, we recommend downloading the Microsoft Teams app on your device (desktop and mobile choices available). For the best experience and ease of navigation, we also recommend using Teams on a desktop or laptop computer when possible. Please note: If you are using a mobile device, such as a smart phone or tablet, you are required to download the app to access the event.
View instructions on how to access a virtual tutoring meeting using Microsoft Teams.
Virtual Career Center Services
View instructions on how to connect with the EFSC Career Center via Microsoft Teams.