How to Apply to Surgical Technology Services Program
Thank you for your interest in the ten-month Associate Degree Surgical Technology Services Program. Classes begin each August, with an annual application deadline of March 15. For questions about the program or assistance with the application process, contact a Health Sciences Advisor at 321-433-7575 or email@example.com.
Applicants are evaluated for admission based on the program's Selection Criteria. For selection, you MUST satisfy entrance requirements so please carefully review the Selection Criteria page. The application to the Surgical Technology Services Program consists of the following steps:
Click a topic to review the information
Applying to Surgical Services
See a Health Science Advisor
It is highly recommended that you meet with a Health Science Advisor to go over program requirements, prerequisite / support courses, and confirm that the applicant is a current EFSC student.
Verify Your EFSC General Admissions Status
Proceed with this step based on whether you are a new, former or current student using
the information below.
New Students: Apply for General Admission to EFSC using the online application system and pay the $30 application fee. Send all official college transcripts to an EFSC General Admissions Office. Complete the online New Student Orientation and submit residency documentation to EFSC's General Admissions Office. Learn more about the admissions process and general admissions contacts.
Please note that applications are processed in the order they were received and application processing time may take up to seven days. Check your email frequently for your acceptance letter.
Returning (Readmit) Students: Students who have not attended EFSC in over a year must apply online to EFSC as a readmit student. Please note that if you are a returning or re-admit student who previously applied to EFSC before October 17, 2018, you will need to create a new account in the College's updated online application system, which uses your email address and a password you create for easy login. Update all pages of the application. Submit any official transcripts earned since last attending EFSC (if applicable), and turn in residency documentation to General Admissions. Visit the admissions website to learn more about the readmit process.
Current Students can move on to step three.
Complete Online Application for Surgical Technology Program
Complete the online application for Surgical Technology Services and submit it no later than March 15. There is $25 non-refundable fee for this application that must be paid online or at the cashier's office no later than the application deadline.
(Students who have never attended EFSC or who need to readmit to the college must complete the General EFSC Admissions process explained in the accordion above prior to applying to the Surgical Technology Services program.
Complete Application Files by the Deadline
A file, containing the documents listed below, must be submitted to the Health Sciences Admissions Office via email: firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline.
- Application to the Surgical Services Program and $25 application fee paid
- An unofficial copy of EFSC transcript (plus this transcript request form if you attended other colleges)
- Proof of work experience (if applicable) with written verification.
- Proof of Health Sciences educational experience substantiated by transcript or certificate, if applicable.
- 1-page Essay (Topic: Explain “What is the role of a Surgical Technologist in the Operating Room?”)
- Health Science Advising Point Sheet
- If, at application deadline, students are enrolled in a pre-requisite course, ask the instructor to send written notification of the current midterm status. (Students who are enrolled in prerequisite / support courses will not receive points for the class(es). Points can only be awarded for classes that are completed by the application deadline.)
- Observation attended: Students will receive 10 points per the program's selection criteria for completing a two-hour observation within our program's skills laboratory. Observation days are November 16, 2021 and February 28, 2022, from Noon until 2 PM on the Melbourne Campus, Building 15, Room 127. You must register to attend an observation session. Due to current social distancing protocols, no more than six students may attend each observation session.
THE APPLICANT IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION PRIOR TO THE DEADLINE DATE.