Watch: Learn About TRiO
Support to generate success
TRiO Student Support Services at Eastern Florida State College provides free academic support for eligible students to help them stay in college until they complete their degree or certificate. We are available for walk-in service on all four EFSC campuses, and you can also use our Campus Contacts box to call or email with questions or to schedule a virtual appointment via Microsoft Teams. Please get in touch with any questions or academic concerns and we will work with you to identify resources that can help.
This federal program serves students with an academic need who are also:
- First-generation college students (whose natural or adoptive parents have not completed a bachelor's degree); and/or
- Students who have economic challenges; and/or
- Students with a disability
If you think you qualify for TRiO, follow our easy steps to apply.
Research shows that students who participate in the program are more than twice as likely to remain in college compared to students from similar backgrounds who did not take part.
Eastern Florida's TRiO services & benefits include:
- Academic Advisement
- Academic Tutoring: Private and/or Group Sessions
- Advocacy for Student Rights
- Career Assessment
- Coordination with EFSC's Disability Services (SAIL) Team
- Financial Aid Information
- College and University Tours/Transfer Planning
- Cultural Enrichment Activities
- Graduation Degree Audits
- Mentoring Support
- Midterm Progress Reports
- Printing Services: Free, limited printing at TRiO Lab
- Schedule Planning and Registration
- Scholarship Research
- Supplemental Grant Aid
- Supplemental Instruction (Math only)
- Text Reminders about Key Information
TRiO Student Support Services at Eastern Florida State College began in 1973 and has aided more than 7,000 students and counting during its tenure.
There are more than 1,024 federally funded TRiO support services programs nationwide, including 28 in Florida. These programs are found at community colleges, state colleges, public or private universities, historically black or Hispanic colleges and universities, and tribal colleges.
TRiO Student Support Services
Building 12, Room 308
1519 Clearlake Rd.
Cocoa, FL 32933
Staff Contacts [View Staff Bios]
Eric Moss, Program Director
Building 12, Room 311
Math Learning Specialist:
Building 12, Room 308
Available Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
9 AM - 6 PM
James Norris, Record Specialist
Building 12, Room 312
Hearing Impaired: 1-800-955-8770 (Voice)