COVID-19 Update: Tutoring Information
All Academic Success Center (ASC) & Writing Center services are currently offered online via a drop-in system that does not require an appointment plus on-campus by appointment only. Students can also make virtual tutoring appointments, but they are not required. For virtual tutoring hours, visit the virtual tutoring schedule page. Also access Math Review Session info, plus the online tutoring resources SmartThinking and the Online Writing Lab through the information in the "Other Tutoring Resources" box on this page. Need help with the transition to an online learning environment? Reach out to a Success Coach/Advisor.
Welcome to the Palm Bay Campus Academic Success Center
Due to COVID 19 concerns, please see the red box notice for the latest information on Virtual Tutoring (both drop-in and by appointment) and limited Palm Bay On-Campus Tutoring by appointment only, with facial coverings required and safety protocols in place during on-campus sessions.
Our on-campus appointments for EFSC students are available Monday and Tuesday from 10:30 AM to 2:30 PM and Wednesday and Thursday from 12:30 to 4:30 PM. View information on how to make an appointment.
Location: General Titus C. Hall Center, Building 1, Room 234
At the Academic Success Center (ASC), formerly known as the Palm Bay Learning Lab, our job is to support students in their efforts toward academic success. We do this by providing:
- A large, comfortable area with more than 60 computers that students may use for doing research, writing essays, completing assignments, and engaging in other online tasks necessary for college life.
- Math tutors, who provide expert guidance in courses from basic math through calculus. They are located in 1-227, a room designed for their specialty.
- Writing tutors to help in the areas of reading and writing for any EFSC course assignment.
- A science tutor for biology, chemistry, and nursing courses.
- TABE tutoring for students wishing to pursue certifications.
- Please Note: Palm Bay proctored exams and all testing is now coordinated and administered at the Palm Bay Assessment Center, Building 2, Room 235. Phone: 321-433-5229. Learn more about proctored testing at EFSC.
Other Tutoring Resources
EFSC Math Review Sessions
Review common math topics, ask questions & interact with an EFSC math tutor in a series of live sessions hosted in Microsoft Teams. Check out the list of topics, dates, times & access links.
ASC Tutoring Videos
Become a better student with playlists featuring popular topics like study & math skills, how to format papers & write a thesis.
Limited third party-tutoring is offered online live, by appointment, or through submissions for math, science, Spanish, nursing, reading & writing subjects. Tutors available 24/7 for EFSC students. Log-in using your full TITAN email address as your USERNAME & birthdate formatted as MMDDYY as PASSWORD. Students only have a limited number of hours they can use through Smarthinking but it is a great resource when you really need a little extra help. Learn more about Smarthinking.
Online Writing Lab
Writing tutors review submitted papers, scholarship essays & job applications Monday through Thursday until 3 PM. Anything submitted after 3 PM Thursday is reviewed the following Monday. Turn-around time is usually 24 hours or less.